Sunday, May 3, 2009

Drink Water

I am always having problem to remind myself to drink more water even though I know drinking water is very important and good for health. In order to encourage myself to drink more water, I just invested a 500ml water container last Sunday during the lunch time of Dale Carnegie seminar I attended. At first, the 350ml, Bross branding, light blue colour water container managed to catch my eyes. But the price was quite high. RM13.90 just for one small water container ? Nah.....is too expensive. I decided to seach for other alternative and brand. After much comparison on the pricing, colors, size and which brand to buy, I ended up buying this 500ml green colour water container. It just cost me RM 9.90. I liked the sheeps on the bottle. It always reminds me sheeps in the kingdom of God.

Here are other tips that I get from the website that can encourage you to drink more water :
* Make it a Morning Ritual. A magazine article said that many of us wake up dehydrated, and the first thing you should do before you do anything else is drink two glasses of water. Made it a regular morning habit, and it inspires the momentum to continue drinking more for the rest of the day.
* Add Some Lemon. Back in the early stages when you couldn't stand drinking water, you can squeezed lemon juice into water.
* Keep it In the Clear. When your urine is clear, you are properly hydrated. When your urine is a dark yellow, you are definitely dehydrated.
* Think of How Pretty You'll Look. Whatever psychological trick keeps you hydrated!
* Do It Like It's Hot. If you're in the mood for a hot drink, drink heated water. Sometimes we just want the psychological pleasure that comes with having a hot mug cupped in our hands than the actual drink itself. Plus, coffee and tea contain caffeine, which is a diuretic and elevates the rate of water being expelled from your body via urination.
* Drink When You Have a Munchie Attack. Sometimes our hunger is thirst masquerading as fake hunger. Drinking a cup or two of water will make you feel "full."
*Take Baby Steps. Don't expect to go from zero glasses of water to the full 8 glasses overnight. Start with one glass of water in the morning and one glass of water at night, and build your way up from there.
* Cheap cheap. Water at restaurants are FREE!
* Always have a full glass of water near you when you are working. It will give you something to mindlessly sip on when you are brainstorming.

I am now practising the last tip, it is very effective. The freqency of drinking water per day in me had increased !!! Try it !!

1 comment:

  1. yes....i think i sip on too much coffee.
    too much caffein, glucose and acidity flooding my system.
    bad for me.....

    ReplyDelete