Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Plant

Recently, I have new hobby. My new hobby is to plant small plants in the pots. I can consider it is a good start for me even though I have not reach to the extend of doing gardening. Yesterday, after came back from visitation and healing service invitation, I made up my mind to give a new home for this plant. I had transfered this plant from its original pot to a new pot I had prepared. The reason behind for me to do so is to provide the plant with more space to expand itself and new soil to grow. This plant had became my roomate since Mac'09. I met this plant during my shopping in Ikea and I had decided to bring the plant home. The reason I bought the plant, is because of its cheap price. RM1.90 for a small plant and RM1.90 for a white ceramic pot. Small and cute.

I saw how the plant struggle itself to grow up. It had been so careful to ensure itself grow vertically and not grow horizontally. Not because it can't grow horizontally but because the pot had limited its grow. I saw how the plant grow bigger and bigger each day. I am so cruel if I just ignore its hidden potential. So I decided to give the plant a new home and new environment.

This plant reminded me one very important principle of life. Plant growth limit by the size of the pot. Fish growth limit by the size of the pond / aquarium. Our growth, dreams and destiny limit by what we see and think. We can’t achieve beyond because we think we can’t. We had limited ourselves because of the situation and circumstances around us. Is time for us to transplant ourselves into good soil, new ground, wider place for growth.

1 comment:

  1. yes, i think i can, we can and you can...
    it is time we go digging for potential.
    i see hope in every one of us in HOPE.
    DO NOT LIMIT ourselves as it is cruel
    DO NOT LIMIT others as it is selfish

    SPACE....ehmmm, yes, space is crucial for creativity and growth...

    ReplyDelete